- 7 1/2 miles of pristine beach on the island
for walking, collecting shells, swimming and sunbathing
- Anna Maria Island Historical Museum - Anna Maria
- Rentals, just minutes away: diving; snorkeling;
jet skiing; surfing; parasailing; boating; wave runners; and fishing
gear. Recreation land sport rentals also available: bicycle and gear
bike; scooter; moped; and, roller blades
- Three public island fishing piers
- Four island public beaches
- Three island boat launch ramps
- Public tennis courts on the island
- Manatee County and Tingley libraries
- Art organizations and year-round exhibits
- Seven island churches
- Manatee Trolley will transport you to your destination
thoughout the island - Coming this spring!
- Aquariums and Oceanography museums: Tampa Aquarium
- 1 1/2 hour drive - world class; Mote Marine - 25 Minute Drive; Bradenton
Aquarium 30 minute drive
Airports (Driving time varies depending
on the season)
- Orlando International - 1 1/2 hour drive
- Tampa International - 1 1/4 hour drive
- Sarasota/Bradenton - 30 minute drive
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater - 45 minute drive
- EMS "Emergency Medical Services" response time
to Tortuga Inn is only 4 minutes.
Blake Medical Center and Manatee Memorial are the two county hospitals,
both within easy driving distance.
- Seven of the top 14 Florida restaurants are
located on Anna Maria Island or within a 15 minute drive, offering you
the choice of casual to elegant dining.
- Island cuisine includes British, French, German,
Italian, Oriental, Spanish, southern Florida seafood and spicy Caribbean.
- Over 50 Island shops. Bradenton - 5-20 minutes
west and Sarasota - 25-35 minutes south
- St. Armand's Circle - International shopping
only about 30 minutes south
- "Factory Direct" Malls - On the I-75 corridor
- 45 minutes west.